Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A PICTURE PAINTS A THOUSAND WORDS...


A picture will be far more descriptive of something than words can ever be, or, to put it another way, no matter how hard you try, you can't beat a visual presentation.

For me, photography is partly a means of expressing ideas and emotions that go beyond words, partly a search for beauty and a way of looking beneath the surface of that beauty, and partly simple creativity.

Photography has always been my passion. I bought my first camera, a slim compact digital SONY T100 in 2006. I was not quite satisfied with the photos so I decided to sell it off. In August 2007, I bought my first DSLR, a NIKON D40. So, hello NIKON. Welcome to my life. And I have no regrets until today!

The photo above was taken at 6.45am, from the window of The Heritage Hotel and Spa, Kundasang, Sabah. I consider myself a novice in photography. I am still learning. When people praised me for the photos that I took, I said, "It's the camera. It's not me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment